After the completion of the Post Basic Nursing Programme, graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate health status, recognize nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate nursing duales, families and communities.
- Competent in applying techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles.
- Promote, prevent, cure and restore health care services.
- Show skills in communication and interpersonal relationship.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and will be able to make decisions in different situations.
- Teach individuals and groups regarding health issues.
- Show managerial skills in community healthcare centers.
- Ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Participate in research activities and use research findings to upgrade nursing practice.
- Know the need for continued learning for their personal and professional growth.
Duration of the Course
2 years degree Programme.
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is affiliated to HNB Medical Education University and approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC) as well State Nursing Council.
The Curriculum and the Syllabus for the course followed would be as prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission To The P.B.B.Sc Nursing
- Should have passed GNM after completing 10+2.
- Candidate should be a registered nurse and midwife with any State Nursing Registration council.
Scope of P.B.B.Sc Nursing
The one and the best part of this field is that nurses never remain unemployed. They easily get the job in health care organizations and hospital. This is the field where you may get the government job easily. The employment areas where nurses can work are as the following:
The top job profiles in the field of nursing are as the following:
- Government run hospitals
- Super speciality hospital
- Nursing homes
- Old age homes
- Armed forces
- Indian Red Cross Society
- Indian Nursing Council
- State Nursing Council
- Educational institutions
- Chief Staff Nurse
- Assistant Nursing Superintendent
- Department Supervisor
- Deputy Nursing Superintendent
- Nursing Supervisor or Ward Sister
- Director of Nursing
- Nursing Superintendent
- Teacher of Nursing
- Community Health Nurse (CHN)
- Military Nurse
- Industrial Nurse
- Nursing Service Administrators
- Nursing Service overseas